What are Electrical Earthing systems:
An effective grounding system is a fundamental requirement of any electrical system for operational and safety aspects/reasons. With the help of modern technologies and industry-standard practices, we offer high-quality services when it comes to earthing, lightning protection, and grounding safety. Grounding a system is important for safety. Without it, the electrical installations can be at risk of equipment failure and even human life. A Good grounding system is important for
- Human/Life Safety
- Limiting damage to electrical equipment in case of fault/lightning
- Correct operation of the electricity supply network and ensure good power quality
GIMZ Engineering Services with the help of modern technologies and industry-standard practices has designed and developed proper assessment and inspection methods to ensure grounding/earthing systems, lightning protection systems, and electrical safety conforming to all the international standards.
Key Attributes of our grounding systems
- Provides low resistance electrical connection to the earth and Gives flexibility in adopting any grounding system design.
- Offers a stable grounding system that contains a corrosion inhibitor to protect copper and is compatible with plate, Rod, and Strip electrodes.
- A comprehensive solution as per national and international standards BS-7430 & IEEE-80, IEC 62561-7 (For backfill compound), and IEC-60364-5 for a permanent solution to lower earth resistance.
- Wenner’s 4-point Soil Resistivity Testing Method to develop a cost-effective and efficient electrical grounding system.
We at GIMZ Engineering, design and manufacture the components to meet various national and international standards and ensure a reliable and robust grounding system.
We offer pure copper rods with lab test reports for earthing and grounding of critical equipment. We also offer copper bonded earthing rods with higher tensile strength as a cost-effective solution with durability and less susceptible to corrosion, conforms to the latest IEC standards.
Other than conventional earthing electrodes we offer EGR (Electrolytic Grounding Rod) which provides a low-impedance ground in locations of high soil resistivity. The grounding system of an EGR-equipped vehicle is designed to dissipate dangerous electrical fault currents, even in sandy or rocky soil conditions.
A comprehensive range of copper and aluminum conductors are available in each of the main world standard formats, i.e. flat tape, solid circular and stranded. Additionally, each format is available in a variety of conductor sizes, to meet different earthing requirements.
Soil Enhancement compounds:
Most people tend to avoid spending money on costly electrical safety system. However, another affordable solution is ‘Earthing Chemical,’ made from charcoal-based earthing that helps prevent shock and any other electrical hazard. The conventional compounds include graphite and bentonite, which are useful in retaining the moisture of the soil and reducing the soil’s resistance.
The best advantage of using earthing chemicals is that it is maintenance-free earthing. Also, it is durable as the compound is sealed around the earthing electrode.
Another inexpensive electrical safety system is GEL earthing, which consists of a crystalline mixture responsible for protecting the main earthing electrode in the soil.
Earth Pit Chambers:
An Earthing pit chamber is used to cover the earthing materials and avoid exposure to the environment. HDPE Chambers & covers are eco-friendly, rust-proof, heavy-duty, weatherproof earth pits made of high-grade material polyethylene and have excellent durability and strength.
Exothermic welding is recommended for critical and sensitive applications. Their superior construction means that they are both strong and durable. They provide excellent electrical connectivity to withstand repeated discharges without corrosion or degradation!
BRANDS We offer:
Lightning protection system:
The function of a lightning protection system is to protect structures from fire or mechanical destruction and to prevent human life within the buildings/ structures. An overall lightning protection system is not enough to keep you safe. It’s important for homes and businesses alike, no matter how big or small their building may be-to take steps towards protecting themselves from this dangerous phenomenon by installing an effective combination of external and internal lightning protections such as grounded outlets in addition to surge suppressors at critical locations throughout each level.
GIMZ Engineering can easily design an effective, efficient, and durable Lightning protection system to protect your Industrial, commercial and residential assets. Our experts offer design consultancy and supply a robust and extensive range of equipment for lightning protection systems.
Purpose of an external LPS:
- Interception of direct lightning strikes via an air-termination system
- Safe discharge of lightning current to earth via a down-conductor system
- Distribution of the lightning current in the ground via an earth-termination system
Purpose of an Internal LPS:
- Prevention of dangerous sparking in the structure by establishing equipotential bonding or keeping a separation distance between the LPS components and other electrically conducting elements
OUR LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEM OFFERINGS:
Our lightning protection systems are designed to meet your needs, no matter how big or small they may be. We offer comprehensive solutions that cover risk assessment through advanced software and design as well as supply of equipment such as installation for your home or business!
- Lightning Protection System as per IEC 62305-2010
- Products meeting National and International Standards.
- LPS Products tested as per International standard IEC 62561.
- SPDs tested as per IEC 61643-11 for Power and IEC 61643-21 for data & signal
- Reliable and Customized Solutions.
- Risk Assessment software as per IEC 62305- 2.
- Design of LPS for new & existing structures.
- Technical Services for Adequacy Study for existing structures.
- Installation Services for External LPS & SPD
CLASSES OF LPS:
Classes of LPS I, II, III, and IV are defined as a set of construction rules based on the corresponding lightning protection level (LPL). Each set comprises level-dependent (e.g. The volume of a sphere is determined by its radius, mesh size, and level-independent construction rules). (e.g. cross-sections, materials)
To ensure the permanent availability of complex data and information technology systems even in case of a direct lightning strike, additional measures are required to protect electronic devices and systems against surges.
The Primary Components of LPS:
Lightning protection systems consist of multiple parts which are constructed from copper and aluminum alloys of top grade. An LPS is designed to last the life of the building/ structure it protects and only requires maintenance when the structure of the protected building is changed.
A lightning protection system consists of the following parts, which work as a system to stop lightning damage.
- Air Terminals ( Lightning Rods)
- Conductors ( Flat Tape or Circular)
- Ground Terminations
- Surge suppressors
- Electronic protection